Advancing Analytics with Generative AI: The Next Phase
The synergy between AI and analytics has ushered in a transformative era in recent years, evolving from mere prediction to catalysing real-time action across industries. As technology matures, the impact of AI-led analytics is becoming increasingly pronounced, redefining decision-making paradigms.The Paradigm Shift: From Prediction to Action
Once relegated to the realm of prediction, AI-powered analytics has undergone a profound shift, now driving actionable insights. The trajectory has transformed from hindsight-based predictions to foresight-empowered decision-making. This shift has propelled businesses to adapt swiftly in dynamic markets, harnessing real-time data to optimize operations, heighten customer experiences, and remain agile.
Generative AI: A Transformative Frontier
The integration of generative AI into data analytics represents a monumental advancement, streamlining automation, enhancing contextual understanding, and delivering enriched user experiences. Organizations that incorporate generative AI within their existing data analytics platforms gain access to AI-generated insights, thereby amplifying decision-making capabilities and unveiling concealed patterns within extensive datasets.
• Integration with Existing Solutions: Major generative AI vendors are seamlessly integrating their models with established data analytics solutions, empowering businesses with enhanced capabilities to process and analyze data effectively.
• Standalone Solutions: Innovative generative AI startups are carving a niche by creating standalone solutions meticulously designed for data analytics and management. These solutions introduce unique approaches to extracting insights from intricate datasets.
Harnessing Generative AI: Best Practices & Use Cases
To maximize the potential of generative AI in data analytics, adhering to best practices is imperative:
• Source High-Quality Data: The quality of data directly impacts generative AI models' outcomes. Prioritize first-party data, and if using third-party data, ensure its credibility and ethical sourcing. Cleaning and preparing data optimally are essential steps.
• Define Clear Goals: Before integrating generative AI, define your data analytics goals, KPIs, and use cases. Understand user requirements, industry demands, cross-department applications, data presentation needs, speed requirements, accuracy targets, and training necessities.
• Evaluate Need: Carefully assess whether a generative AI model aligns with your data analytics projects. Guard against overinvesting in technology that might not be suitable for your specific goals.
Enterprise Use Cases: AI-Powered Predictive Analytics
Predictive analytics powered by AI finds resonance across multiple domains:
• Quality Control: AI-based predictive analytics enhances quality control by furnishing real-time insights on tools and devices, ensuring quality parameters are upheld throughout processes.
• Supply Chain Management: AI-infused predictive analytics revolutionizes supply chain management, fostering transparency, sustainability, and efficiency. Organizations gain insights to understand market positions, optimize pricing, and make well-timed purchasing decisions.
• Marketing: AI-empowered predictive analytics empowers marketers to comprehend customer behaviors, tailor products and services, and optimize pricing and sales strategies.
• Risk Management: AI-driven predictive analytics is a potent tool for managing risks by identifying anomalies and potential threats within vast data volumes.
• Cybersecurity: Predictive analytics aids in pinpointing malicious activities and suspicious behaviors in the realm of cybersecurity, mitigating the risk of cyberattacks and data breaches.
Investment Momentum and M&A
The AI and analytics sector has witnessed a remarkable investment surge, indicating its growing recognition as a transformative force. The year 2021 marked a significant milestone, with Indian startups securing a staggering $1,108 million in funding, showcasing a year-over-year growth rate of 32.5 percent, according to a study by AIM Research. This growth trend has continued into 2022 & 2023, with the analytics and AI space witnessing noteworthy investments. A Stanford AI Index Report, 2023 stated that the total investments in Indian AI startups touched $3.24 billion in 2022, globally ranking India as the 5th in funding globally.
For instance: MoEngage, a leading insights-led customer engagement platform, recently secured $77 million in Series E funding from investors such as Goldman Sachs Asset Management and B Capital. This infusion of capital aims to propel the company's expansion into new regions and facilitate potential strategic acquisitions.
Further, in the first five months of 2023 (January-May), VC investments in AI startups accounted for 15% of the total VC funding, a notable increase from the 10% share commanded by AI startups in 2022 (Source: Venture Intelligence). This growth trend is especially remarkable given the overall slump in VC investments due to the challenging economic environment of 2023.
Sub-Sectors Attracting AI & Corporate Investments in the Sector
In the midst of the swift embrace and growing desire for tools centered around Generative Artificial Intelligence (Gen AI), such as ChatGPT, the count of Indian startups focused on GenAI-driven Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) has surged by over twofold since 2021. These startups have successfully secured a total of $590 million in funding as of May 2023, as highlighted in a report jointly issued by SaaSBoomi and McKinsey on July 27th, 2023. NLP and Computer Vision have been other sub-sectors garnering funding in the AI space.
Corporates too have invested in AI aggressively with some of them making softer moves. Salesforce Ventures, NVentures by Nvidia, and Microsoft have been some of the prominent names that have invested in AI. Other notable companies that have made AI investments include Qualcomm Ventures, Cisco Investments, Amazon Alexa Fund, Meta, and Oracle. Back in India, Accenture, TCS, Wipro, Maruti and several companies have announced their investments or acquisitions in the AI space.
The adoption rate of AI by Sector – IBM Report
An IBM Global AI Adoption Index 2022 report stated that India’s AI adoption among companies was amongst the highest in the world at 57% after China which stood at 58% with 27% of companies further exploring AI. IT Professionals top the list of groups leveraging AI followed by Data Engineers, Developers, Security Professionals, Customer service professionals, Marketing, Product Managers, Sales, HR, and Finance. The top areas that used AI include IT, Customer Care, Telecom, Supply Chain, ESG, Security, Transportation, and meteorology. NLP was used across customer care, security, Business Development, Sales, Marketing, HR, Finance, Supply chain, ESG, Market Research, and legal.
The Path Forward: AI-Powered Predictive Analytics
The synergy between AI and analytics also catalyzes predictive analytics, propelling businesses toward well-informed decisions based on actionable insights. For instance, AI-driven predictive analytics is reshaping supply chain management, transforming it from a reactive to a proactive discipline. AI deciphers data to predict demand, optimize supply chains, and forecast costs, driving efficiency across operations.
Leveraging Predictive Data for Transformation
The incorporation of AI systems into analytics platforms yields numerous benefits:
• Accelerated Life Cycles: AI-powered analytics expedites product and business operation life cycles, reducing errors and elevating functionalities.
• Informed Decision-Making: AI fuels data-driven decisions by evaluating assumptions, testing data, and generating insights to shape future actions.
• Future Investment Avenues: AI's capabilities unearth prospects for future investments, enabling organizations to explore new directions and strategies.
In Conclusion: Pioneering AI & Analytics for the Future
The fusion of generative AI with data analytics heralds a new era in decision-making and insight extraction. Businesses stand to achieve heightened operational efficiency, superior customer experiences, and a competitive edge by harnessing AI-powered predictive analytics. This can also in turn help businesses excel and become investor-friendly as they aim to catch the next trends across Enterprise & AI. However, adherence to ethical considerations and best practices can ensure the responsible integration of AI, transforming business operations and paving the path to success in a dynamically evolving landscape.
How Merisis can help - Contact Us
The Enterprise practice is focused on delivering high-impact solutions to drive the growth agenda of companies in the fast-changing technology sector. We leverage our extensive knowledge and relationships in this sector to provide customized capital raising and strategic M&A advice to our corporate clients. Our endeavor is to always deliver a superior customer experience based on trust and partnership.
Write to us on email@example.com